About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend,student, teacher, healer, sick, spiritual daughter of light and love, spiritual mother of all and child of the ancestors.

Monday, June 26, 2006

YOU'RE NAKED

Just about every night, after eating dinner, my son removes every thread of his clothes while standing in the center of our kitchen. He neatly puts them in laundry room and runs to go upstairs for his bath and to prepare for bed. When he father is home during these times, he runs to him (naked) for the ritual "night, night" kiss and hug. Several times in the last couple of weeks, my husband will exclaim, "Dude, You're NAkED!!!" ( As if he is so VERY shocked that this boy had skin under his clothes--dont' know why, he just DOES)
Neither my husband nor myself thought twice about whether he understood what naked meant (the actual word) until last week when, in a fit of rage he yelled at me: "Mommy, you're naked!!!". He said it as if it explained wholly why he was upset, and that my "naked-ness" was an evil thing like not sharing or spilling chocolate milk on the car seat or the carpet. I couldn't help but fall over laughing. This only made him madder, and apparently me, naked-er. I asked him to tell me what being naked meant. He could only repeat that "Mommy, YOU"RE Naked!!!" as he ran out of the room.
My husband, ever the rational one, has been trying to help our son realize what being naked really is...he thought he'd made some headway until today...he made the kid mad and was told "YOU'RE NAKED, DADDY!!!!" several times.
I guess we really DO speak different languages...
bless
Ama

2 comments:

oronde ash said...

your boy is a hoot.

theoriginalblowersdaugtr said...

lol! that's funny. for real, how is the little boy supposed to know what naked means? It took Adam and Eve forever to cotton on to the concept and they were grown adults! ;-)