About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend,student, teacher, healer, sick, spiritual daughter of light and love, spiritual mother of all and child of the ancestors.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Recovery

So, okay..it wasn't avian flu or AIDS (thank all that is holy--my past is a little splotchy), but I did have a sinus infection, mild bronchitis, a tonsil infection, and an infection in my throat--I could've died. (Ok, that was a BIT much). I was sick for almost five days and came to several revelations about life:
1. Kids can play when you're sleep, and they'll wake you when its important.
2. Food really IS overrated, and IS NOT our friend. I was eating oranges for all but one day.
3. When I am mean, I am really NAKED (or so says my son)
4. Sleep is NOT overrated, and really IS our friend.

Okay, so they won't change the world, but I have forged a new relationship with my son (a nicer one), gotten a lot of sleep, and I can fit into my new favorite jeans (I knew it wouldn't take much).
Hoorah for my doctor, who can look at me and make me cry while I am forcing myself to talk to him through the pain and hoorah for my son who yelled and screamed and cried and finally fell asleep too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad that you are feeling better... what is it about oranges that are soooooOOOOOO good when you are sick?

and as for the sleep when they play thing? oooh! good to know! although i probably should wait till she at least turns 2, right?!! (smile!)

theoriginalblowersdaugtr said...

Glad u are feeling better! Man, don't I know ever what it's like to have the flu and think you have something bigger badder

(http://theoriginalblowersdaugtr.blogspot.com/2005/09/risky-behaviors.html)

hmm... ur jeans story is making me wanna fast again...

welcome back to good health! : )

M.Dot. said...

You have to take care of your self sis.

As someone who walked around with a low grade temp for two winters, I know your pain.