About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend,student, teacher, healer, sick, spiritual daughter of light and love, spiritual mother of all and child of the ancestors.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Mother's Work...

Yesterday, after I picked my son up, I was trying to keep him busy inside the house, so he wouldn’t want to go outside, where it was god awfully hot…well, we somehow got on the subject of farm animals people eat (I’ll say he started it, and I chimed in once I knew what he was babbling about)…He asked me if people ate ‘Lemongoats”….I had no idea what a lemongoat was…I asked what he meant and he said “Lem AND goats, mommy, Lem AND goats do people eat em?” I kindly said, “If I knew what a lem was, I’d be able to tell you…and I think most people only drink milk from goats…”

Later on, he was asking his father about goats and brought out the lem’s again…he was getting frustrated with us because we had no idea what a lem was (I suppose we’re not the most intelligent parents, sometimes). Since its normally my job to de-code threeyearoldese, I sat up for several hours, trying to figure out what the lem’s might be…

3 hours into it, I realized, LAMB…LAMB AND GOATS….

So, when he woke up this morning, I revealed to him as he awoke that, yes, some people eat LAMBs, but not vegetarians (which he claims to be). He looked as if he could care less. A mother’s work is never done.

1 comment:

theoriginalblowersdaugtr said...

We eat goat too! At least, my family does, and many of the West Africans and Caribbean folk I know.