About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend,student, teacher, healer, sick, spiritual daughter of light and love, spiritual mother of all and child of the ancestors.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

A Love Poem for My Soul

I Love her in a gelee'
The way it ever so slightly pulls every thread of
hair away from her wide face.
Accentuating the calmness and serenity
that is only her,
as she quickly glances away from my stare.
I love her in the morning
sleep in her eyes,
locs all over,
muscles tense
because I know that's as bad as it will ever be;
she's beautiful even then.
I love her when she talks
the words come out like lyrics
her breath is the melody
I love her even as she cursing me
for whatever spiritual rule I've broken
she only yells because she's hurt
and scared
Her angry stare only reflects the pain of her heart
There are those that say
they don't understand, for there isn't one like her for them
She encompasses all that I am not, so without her, I am
an empty souless being,
a shell, simply put.
Without me, her undefined self might float away, unable to be caged by others
I keep her down, and she, she keeps me up.
I love her because she is my other part, my definition, my soul.
So, I love her in that headwrap, fighting for others, just barely awake from sleep, as she discerns reality from dreams
And I love her for fighting me when I am not who I should be.
A LOVE POEM FOR MY soul.
(C) 1999

No comments: